GPS can be used on public transport vehicles, school buses and other transport vehicles. The government is going to tighten the decision to attach. Early GPS Some motorists' unions came out in protest when the decision was made to incorporate. The project was delayed due to this issue.
The objectives are to monitor traffic crime, ensure the safety of women and children travelling in vehicles, and provide speedy assistance to the victims of accidents.
- GPS location The Regional Transport Officer (Enforcement) of the respective districts should be appointed as the Nodal Officer to monitor the system.
- GPS location The Head of Office shall appoint a Motor Vehicle Inspector of the respective office to inspect the systems.
- Vehicles with Vehicle Location Tracking Device (VLTD) equipped with safety meters. This is to identify the location of the vehicle.
- VLTD in school vehicles Must be attached. Be sure to check it out.
- GPS based on district basis Systems GPS Mini Control Rooms at all Regional Transport Offices to monitor systems and take necessary action.
- Reports of inspection of vehicles should be submitted to the meeting chaired by the Transport Commissioner every month.