MALAI CAKE - Super soft eggless malai cake!!!
Refined flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
FOR MALAI :
Milk - 3 cup
Condense milk-1/4 cup
Milk powder - 1/4 cup
Cardomom powder - a pinch
Chopped almonds, pistachios, and cashews for garnishing.
1. Take a deep pan, pour 2 cups of milk in it and allow it to boil and as it starts boiling add condense milk and milk powder mixed with rest of 1cup of milk.
2. Stir it occasionally. Cook it till it reduces to 2 cups and gets thicken a bit.
3. Add Cardomom powder and mix it.
4. When done, keep it aside and allow it to cool.
PREPARATION FOR CAKE:
1. Firstly grease the cake mold and keep it aside.
2. Now take a bowl and place a siever on it. Put all the dry ingredients (Ref. Flour, Baking powder, baking soda) and sieve it in a bowl.
3. Add sugar in the bowl.
4. Now add oil, vanilla essence, mix it well.
5. After that start adding milk gradually. Mix it in a smooth batter.
6. Pour the cake batter in greased mold.
7. Take a curry pan, place a stand in it and preheat for 5-10 mins. After that place the cake mold in it. Cover it with a lid and allow it to cook for 30-40 mins on low heat. Or bake it in the oven for 30-35mins at 180°C.
8. When done, take the cake mold out and check by inserting the knife in cake, if the knife comes out clean that indicates the cake is all baked.
9. Allow the cake to cool for a while. In the mold itself prick the cake with a fork and pour the prepared milk on it.
10. Evenly cover all the cake with milk. Garnish it with chopped almonds, pistachios, and cashews.
11. Slice it as per the shape of your choice and serve
12. It can also be served cool by refrigerating it for a while.