Special Article about Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. , it is amazing how things have changed a long way in facilitating your travel needs .
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. has been set up by the Ministry of Railways with the basic purpose of hiving off entire catering and tourism activity of the railways to the new Corporation so as to professionalize and upgrade these services with public-private participation. Rail based Tourism in India will be the specific vehicle for achieving high growth in coordination with state agencies, tour operators, travel agents and the hospitality industry. A dynamic marketing strategy in association with public and private agencies, tour operators, transporters, hoteliers and local tour promoters is on the anvil. Indian Railways span global volumes in hospitality and catering sectors with services provided to 13 million passengers every day.
"Enhance customer services and facilitation in railway catering, hospitality, travel and tourism with best industry practices".
(1) To be a customer friendly company through constant innovation, technology driven and human resource development.
(2) Optimize resources, increase manpower productivity through quality product vending and innovative marketing strategies.
(3) Upgrade and consolidate catering services in the organized sector.
(4) Expand areas of core competencies, enhance business opportunities through efficient public - private partnerships to maximize generation of resources.
(5) Imbibe strong and ethical work culture through teamwork, build and reposition Indian Railways in the emerging services sector.
(6) Evolve high standards of business ethics, quality management and effective cost control measures.
(7) Concern for the environment and heritage.
Railway Tourism has seen excellent growth in India. Right from IRCTC's inception, we have undertaken dynamic marketing strategy with major tour operators and State Tourism as our partners for providing exclusive tour packages across the country. IRCTC arranges for full train charters, coaches as well as reserved berth programmes through regular trains for tourism purposes. During this short period we have been able to provide such facilities to over 50,000 persons.
Other services :
Internet Rail Reservation :
There has been a latent demand in the country for ticket availability at the door-step. IRCTC has already developed this facility at Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Mumbai. Very soon the facility will spread to Hyderabad, Pune and Ahmedabad. After consolidation at these centers, further development in the major towns will take place. IRCTC web enabled reservation site is www.irctc.co.in
Food Plazas :
IRCTC has firmed up plans to set up over 50 multi-cuisine food plazas at major railway stations throughout the country during the current year. The Food plazas will have contemporary decor, air conditioned ambience and round the clock operation to suit passenger convenience with market driven competitive pricing.
Call Center :
IRCTC has recently inaugurated a Call Center. A customer can dial 139 from anywhere in the country and get all information from Indian Railways.
Rail Neer :
Packaged Drinking Water is purified and bottled at State of Art Plants located at Nangloi (Delhi) and Danapur (Bihar). Rail Neer is using processes that guarantee safe drinking water that is crystal clear, low in dissolved solids and free from all pathogenic bacteria and viruses as well as other harmful contaminants like fluoride, arsenic, nitrate or iron and conforming to the exacting Bureau of Indian Standards specifications.
To book a travel - Click here