The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bulgaria for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
The main objectives of the Memorandum of Understanding are:
- To expand bilateral cooperation in the tourism sector
- To exchange information and data related to tourism.
- To encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including Hotels and Tour operators.
- To establish an exchange programme for cooperation in Human Resource Development.
- To exchange visits of Tour Operators / Media /Opinion Makers for the promotion of two-way tourism.
- To exchange experiences in the areas of promotion, marketing, destination development and management.
- Foster bilateral cooperation through film tourism for promoting the two countries as attractive tourism destinations and
- To promote safe, honourable and sustainable tourism.
India and Bulgaria had previously signed an Agreement on cooperation in the field of tourism on 26.05.1994. Bulgaria is a potential tourism market for India (India received approximately 5288 tourists from Bulgaria in 2017). The signing of Memorandum of Understanding with Bulgaria will be instrumental in increasing arrival from this important source market.