The Busan International Film Festival, the most dynamic film event in Asia as well as the largest Asian film celebration, will take place from October 4th – 13th, 2018.
The BIFF held annually in Haeundae-gu, Busan (alsoPusan), South Korea. The first festival, held from 13 to 21 September 1996, was also the first international film festival in Korea. The festival has become a genuine driving force behind the development of not only Korean cinema, but also Asian cinema.
BIFF will continue to offer a solid ground for the development of local film industry and discover new Asian cinema talents through constructive efforts- including a co-production market and practical support programs for film productions both for Korean and Asian cinema.
The focus of the BIFF is introducing new films and first-time directors, especially those from Asian countries. Another notable feature is the appeal of the festival to young people, both in terms of the large youthful audience it attracts and through its efforts to develop and promote young talent.
Rules for the Participation
- The film must have been completed no earlier than October 2017 and should be complete no late than September 2018.
- The Festival accepts features, short films, documentaries and animation.
- The film must not be broadcasted on TV or available on the Internet prior to the Festival.
- Submission Fees: FREE.
- Short Films (< 30 min.): June 29th, 2018.
- Feature Films (>30 min.): July 30th, 2018.
For further information CLICK HERE...