The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the cooperation between Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO), India and Republic of Korea Railroad Research Institute (KRRI) to strengthen and promote scientific and technical cooperation in the field of railways. The MoU was signed on 10th July 2018.
The MoU will provide a platform for Indian Railways to interact and share the latest developments and knowledge in the railway sector with its Korean counterpart. It will facilitate the exchange of technical experts, reports and technical documents, training and seminars/ workshops focusing on specific technology areas and other interactions for knowledge sharing.
The Memorandum will provide a framework of cooperation for the focused approach in following key areas:-
- Planning and execution of Joint research for the mutual interests.
- Co-operation in setting up of latest railway R&D facilities in India.
- Planning and execution of Technical seminar or forum.
- Short-Term Training Programme for RDSO personnel by KRRI.
- Exchange Programme of Personnel between KRRI & RDSO for a limited period, for specific Projects.
- Consultancy for the development of the railway industry of both the countries and any other form of cooperative activities agreed upon by the Parties.
Ministry of Railways has signed MoUs for technical cooperation in the Rail sector with various foreign Governments and National Railways. The identified areas of cooperation include high-speed corridors, speed raising of existing routes, development of world-class stations, heavy haul operations and modernization of rail infrastructure, etc. The cooperation is achieved through the exchange of information on developments in areas of railways technology & operations, knowledge sharing, technical visits, training & seminars and workshops in areas of mutual interest.