8.33 lakh passengers got tickets in a single day via the UTS Mobile App launched by Railways for general ticket purchasing. This is the figure of the Central Railway Mumbai Division. On December 16, so many passengers bought their tickets. With the purchase of tickets, the Railways has earned Rs 67.93 lakh.
Railways tweeted that this is the first time such general tickets are made available through mobile phones. According to Central Railway, 11.86 per cent of the passengers booked through App.
The UTS app was introduced to facilitate the reservation of tickets for long-distance trains, including suburban trains. They can also be booked and cancelled. The App works on Android and Apple App Stores and Windows platforms. The UTS Mobile App was developed by the Central Railway Information System to promote digital payments.
How To Book Tickets Through UTS App
- Download UTS on Mobile App from Google, Windows and Apple Store.
- Register by entering the name, mobile number, nearest railway station, frequent travel route and class.
- Receive OTP to verify the mobile number.
- Upon registration, the customer will be notified via SMS.
- Also, Zero Balance R-Wallet will be activated.